Being green doesn't mean you forego economic success. We fund a lot of initiatives by developing viable products that are self-sustaining which conserves natural resources, reducing our carbon footprint.
Recycling and Reduction
IPG (Inteplast Group) is dedicated to our commitment to help preserve the environment. IPG had a plan from the very beginning. We made sure that all of our manufacturing plants had separate reclaim lines to reprocess internally generated scrap. We built an onsite recycling plant that can process both post-consumer and post-industrial waste. Here are the on-site recycle programs:
- Corrugated and Paper Cores
- Fluorescent Bulbs
- Waste Oil
- Recycled Building Materials
- Old Tires
- Old Road Base Material
Also, plastic bags are recyclable too. The recycling of plastic bags is proving to be the most effective way to combat their environmental impact. By keeping them out of the landfills and oceans we’re turning them into secondary PVC products that are in turn recyclable, some of which are reusable grocery bags!
In addition to our many advanced and resourceful plastics product solutions currently in use and those under development, IPG is committed to sustainability in all areas. Below is a glimpse of other initiatives we have undertaken reducing our carbon foot-print:
- We are recognized by the State of Texas for water resource management techniques.
- We treat our water and wastewater without the use of chlorine.
- Solid waste audits are regularly performed at each operating unit.
- Installed lighting systems to provide increased lumens with less energy.
- Shuttle buses provide transportation for 325 employees per day and replace more than 120 vehicles on the road.
- The elastomeric roof surfaces we are installing will reduce ambient temperatures in the buildings and thus energy consumption.
- We make use of ozone destruct units in our manufacturing operations.
- More than 700 trees were planted on the Lolita plant site.
- Our energy management program for mechanical systems reduced energy consumption substantially.
For close to 20 years we've been successfully following our plan to conserve natural resources and reduce our carbon footprint. Smart business that is good for our planet.